Medical Aid And Hospital Plans
- Health is something that we take for granted and tend not to think about until something goes wrong. That's why you need to be with a good medical aid provider who can help you protect both your health and your wallet.
- The reality is that your health, and that of your family, holds immeasurable value to you. It's also the least predictable factor in your life. This unpredictability is precisely what makes medical aid so important because you can't tell for certain when you'll need it. Sports injuries, road accidents, stress-related illnesses, and terminal illnesses are not examples of things that afflict the elderly. Rather, they're representative of what can go wrong with anyone's health at any time.
- Having a good, reputable medical aid is an essential part of alleviating the stress of worrying about what's behind every proverbial corner. More importantly, it provides you with the necessary financial cover when you need it.
- Fortunately, there are a wide variety of plans for you to choose from within each medical scheme, making it easy to buy the level of cover that you need and can afford. These range from basic and relatively inexpensive hospital plans to the more all-inclusive, comprehensive plans.
- When it comes to choosing your ideal plan, it's best to assess your life and understand what the implications would be if you needed medical treatment.
- At the end of the day, you can't know when or if something will happen, and unless you have considerable financial funds to help you pay for medical costs, you might have a problem if you don't have medical aid.
Gap cover is a form of top-up insurance that will help protect you against any costs that your medical aid scheme may not cover. Your gap cover will cover you when your medical savings run out as well as pay you back for any shortfall charges that you have had to pay in. If you don't remember, a shortfall tariff is the amount of money you will need to pay to your healthcare provider if they charge more than your medical scheme covers.