Almost two months on from the launch of Discovery’s new rewards structure, Discovery Miles, many people are finding themselves at ends with the inner workings and finer details of the new rewards structure. Many thought the introduction of Discovery Miles meant the end of Vitality Points, but this is not the case.
Vitality points, the points you require to increase your Vitality status, will be earned as per usual. For every Vitality Reward point, clients will receive six Discovery Miles, which can be used at various outlets.
Discovery Miles works as a rewards currency, similar to that of e-bucks and can be earned across all of Discovery’s platforms (Health, Insure, Bank). You are now rewarded for getting healthy, driving well, and spending smartly. When you reach your health, drive or money goals on Vitality Active Rewards, your Discovery Miles can be spent on the things you love – like coffees, gadgets, travel and more. A key difference between Discovery Miles and Vitality Rewards Points is the fact that unlike the Vitality Rewards Points, which expire in a couple of weeks, Discovery Miles are valid for up to five years, allowing customers to spend their Miles at their own convenience.
- Have a Discovery Card
- earn up to 1 Discovery Mile for every R15 on all qualifying purchases every time you shop in-store or online
- Drive Better
- Discovery Insure clients continue to get up to 50% back on their fuel spend and up to 25% back on Uber rides in 2020. Discovery Bank clients can earn (an additional) up to 20%,
- Use a Discovery Bank Credit Card
- As a Discovery Bank credit cardholder, you’ll earn up to 20% back in Discovery Miles when you fill up at BP and selected Shell service stations or catch a ride with Uber.
- Make Healthier lifestyle choices
- Get up to 75% back in Discovery Miles on your qualifying Healthy Living spend
- Achieve your Vitality Active Rewards Goals
Discovery has partnered up with world-class companies in varying industries to bring variety to their rewards cardholders. Customers can earn and spend their miles at companies such as Clicks, Dischem, Hirsch’s, Pick n Pay, Takealot.com, Toy Kingdom, British Airways Executive Club, Exclusive Books and NetFlix to name a few.
Discovery has been running a competition for the month of February where you can become Discovery’s first #MilesMillionaire.
Upon reading this you will have roughly a week left to complete the requirements. The requirements are as simple as achieving your exercise, drive or money goal through Vitality Active Rewards to be entered into the draw.
We hope you can now traverse the Discovery Miles system with a little more comfort and ease.
Stay tuned for all things Discovery!